A lot of people are converting their cars to run on electricity lately and who can blame them? Electric powered cars are cheap to operate, clean, quiet and lots of fun to drive. But how do you find the best plans for this project if you’ve never done one before?
There are certain things to look for. Use these 5 tips to evaluate electric car plans and your project will go a lot easier.
1. Parts List – Make sure the plans you get include a complete list of parts including their size and type. You need to be sure that all the parts you get will work properly in combination with each other.
2. Parts Source – The best electric car plans will show you exactly where to find the parts you need at the lowest possible price. This means that they don’t just show you the specs, but help you to find alternative sources so you’ll save money. This is the most important thing to look for. The parts for an electric car conversion can cost as much as $10,000 or as little as $500. Obviously, with a price range this wide, there is a lot of room for error. Make sure the plans you select help you to get it right.
3. Project Instructions – Converting a car to run on electricity is not difficult, but it is something new for most people. The plans should be well illustrated and include detailed instructions for completing each step.
4. Maintenance Tips – What happens after the project is done and the car is on the road? A simple, but regular maintenance protocol is required and should be included in the plans.
5. Price – This is last because it is probably the least important factor. The right plans will more than pay for themselves in time and cost savings. Still, don’t spend more than $50 for a set of plans. The best ones available cost around this much and you just aren’t going to get any additional value if you spend more.